Friday, May 28, 2010

Baking might become a passion

So my family is visiting this weekend and at the request of my grandmother, she wanted me to bake a pound cake. So at 10:00 pm, I commence to baking one from scratch. No box, just straight up sugar, sifted flour, eggs and other special ingredients.

The more that I do it, the more I am beginning to enjoy it. I didn't like to cook and really didn't have to cook when I was younger and living at home. But since I am on my own, I have found my real passion and hope to hone my skills.

What does that mean? That means that I know that my family will be taken care of, because with the basic ingredients of flour, sugar and eggs with a little extra, I can make sure all is fed. All closer to becoming a Proverbs 31 woman. I have a long way to go, but know that I am striving hard to make it happen.

Much love!!

No comments:

Post a Comment